28 January 2010

A New Love Story

In the beginning I was so lovesick over you.
The first time I felt the flutter
(Like butterflies in my stomach)
I smiled, feeling closer to you:
Some one who had fast become
Part of me.
It wasn't long before my heart burned with love,
I swelled with admiration,
And my muscles were stretched to their limit
In anticipation.

Some mothers reach out their arms
And say, "I love you this much."
I could turn to show my profile
And it would reach just as far.
On your birth day I loved you so much
That it hurt
More than anything had ever hurt.
And I cried, knowing your arrival
Was the beginning of something holy.

After our first separation,
I held you close and told you
We would always be connected.
Loving you has increased my love
And my joy.
Someday you will start a family of your own,
And our story will go on...
I know there will be sad chapters,
But try not to worry:
Mommy believes in "happily ever after."

Written by me: July 2009, for each of my children

No comments: