21 March 2010

Heavyweight

I delivered a nine-pound baby boy into this world. When they laid him on my chest, I couldn't believe how HEAVY he felt. He had big strong hands: just like his father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. He was a newborn for about two days. After that, he was a HUNK.

And BOY, did he grow. Rapidly. At two months, he had gained six pounds. At four months, he was wearing the same size of diapers as his two-year-old sister. After having two little girls, it was a bit of a shock to suddenly be mother to a MAN-CHILD. With little baby biceps.

When he was four-and-a-half-months old, I told my sister-in-law with surprise, "I just saw his first tooth!" to which my brother-in-law shouted over the phone (like a victory cheer),

"Somebody get this boy some MEAT!" Which I thought was very funny since he hadn't even had rice cereal yet.

No comments: