01 June 2010

My Hate/Love Relationship With Life

________________________________________

I hate:


static in my hair, clothes, or coat
itches that scratching won't fix
fingernail snags
cracked fingers & feet (the story of my life)
uncorralled shopping carts (I think the coin deposit carts I saw in Finland are smart)
ironing (I almost put this on the next list, because I hate it less as time goes by)
when I go to check on what's cooking and the heat escaping the oven melts my mascara

I don't like:

book covers (the kind that come on hardcover books--I always chuck them)
loud eating (By the way, I married a man who is certifiably among the loudest. I used to have earplugs in the kitchen drawer! It doesn't bother me as much now. I think I've gotten used to it.)
lip gloss (my hair always gets stuck to it)

I still haven't made up my mind about:

orange marmalade
sore muscles after exercising
my body

I like:

laundry & dishes (good thing!)
freckles
good books
good movies
Star Trek (but not the new movie)
crocheting

I love:

my family, my husband's family, & our family
forehead wrinkles on a newborn
snow
sweets
toddler giggles
the smell of wood burning in the fireplace
Christmas
dimples
the way a bath curls my babies' hair (and then makes their heads soft and fuzzy like a baby chick)
autumn

friendship
pictures/scrapbooking
LOVE

How about you?

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hey Thanks for your comment!
I'm totally with you on the loud eating ... ugh! yuck.
great list :)