02 April 2011

April Fools Rules

When I was pregnant with my first child after more than five years of longing for motherhood, I thought it would be clever to tell all my friends the news on April Fools' Day. In a very small community, it turned out to be difficult to keep my secret that long, so somewhere in the middle of March I decided it was time to spill it.

When I found out I was pregnant this time, with my fourth child, I realized I had a second chance to do the April 1st announcement when the due date calculator on the computer told me the due date...the exact day of my oldest daughter's seventh birthday this year.

So I announced it on Friday and it was fun.

And just so you know, I wasn't really lying when I said there are three...what I meant is there are three pictures (but they are all of the same baby).

I guess it's time to finish the nursery. This is my second chance for that as well, since my son is already a year and a half old and it still isn't done. Hopefully I'll be posting pictures of the finished room before Baby is here in six months.

That doesn't give me much time!

5 comments:

Catherine Dabels said...

Congrats on baby #4. My brother and his wife tried to pull that on Friday. They are terrible liars!

Babies are awesome.

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Baby #4...and I'm sure you're not going to find out the sex because clearly, you love to torture us!

You better get on that nursery! The time will FLY by before he/she is here!

Cindy in PA said...

Congratulations to you and your family! I have a painter I would (or would not recommend) for your nursery :) Blessings!

Amelia said...

Thank you, everyone! Cindy, for your sake, I hope it turns out to be a painter you would recommend. :)

Four babies 4 us said...

Congrats!! Four is my favorite number! I hope your pregnancy and birth are uneventful.

Michelle