26 May 2012

Need Dirt for a Grave?

Have you ever read signs on the side of the road out of the corner of your eye without realizing it?  And sometimes they don't really say what you thought they did but they catch your attention with their absurdity?  Recently I thought a sign said "Need Dirt for a Grave?" but it really said:

Need Dirt
or
Gravel?

This was so funny to me it made my entire day.

For the last week I have felt like I do need some of that dirt because I have been very ill with some kind of stomach bug.  My four-year-old daughter had it too so we got to be miserable together.  Trying to take care of her, myself, a two-year-old, and a baby who just learned to crawl has really helped me to appreciate healthy days.

Oh, and by the way, in this case misery does not love company.

I have been flat in bed or on the couch (as much as possible) while the battle between good and evil has raged inside my body.  There were moments I feared all was lost, but good won again and we are finally upright. 

No dirt needed, thank goodness!

2 comments:

Four babies 4 us said...

Heehee...Dirt for a grave. I hope you are back to your same, spunky self. Sick is no fun!

Amelia said...

Am I spunky?