27 April 2009

Dear Mom,

Many have said they really began to appreciate their parents when they became parents themselves. This has also happened to me. The more I experience as a mother, the more I recognize the things you did do. My perspective has changed dramatically since I was a teenager. I have found that my life is better when I remember the good things (and there were so many) instead of the bad, and every day I hope that when my children grow up, they will do the same.

I once viewed many of your qualities as weaknesses. Now, I find them in myself, and I am thankful. I often pray for your happiness. I've found it, but I'm glad that I realized your part in putting me on that path in the first place. I love you, Mom!

4 comments:

Amelia said...

Two more friendly comments:

hi, i know what you mean.
nancy


I really am just so honored to read the insightful things you have to say. I think it’s wonderful. Everything you have said is so important…by golly, I think you have the blogging thing down! --Tami

Amelia said...

Another comment from a very dear friend:

"Beautiful words. I love how well you express yourself."

Bren June 13, 2009 6:48 PM

Amelia said...

Thank you, Friends!

Lyn said...

I feel the exact same way now that I'm a Momma myself! I always think that I hope my kids understand and forgive me my weaknesses and imperfections as a mother some day... It says a lot about you as a person that you can do this for your mom. You are one lovely beautiful sweet lady.

Lyn