08 January 2011

Life's Messy Lessons

As a mother, I've witnessed how a lot of accomplishments come after a messy process. For example, when a toddler first begins self-feeding with a spoon, it never fails that more of the food ends up everywhere else than in the mouth. And don't even get me started about potty training...

And then there's learning to roller skate or ride a bike without training wheels...

Sometimes I forget that one of the main reasons I am here is to learn as I wallow down the muddy pathways or trails that seem to have more stumbling blocks than stepping stones.

In the end, all of those messy misses and painful crashes and overwhelming regrets add up to wisdom and the gratitude that only comes with hindsight.

It helps to know there is One who has taken this path before. He made it safely Home, and because of Him, I can too.



Proverbs 3: 5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."

5 comments:

Catherine Dabels said...

I liked this post. A lot.

Four babies 4 us said...

Love, love, love this post. I hope you don't mind if I link this to a post on my blog...

Anonymous said...

What you have said is incredible to me...and words of wisdom I will always remember.

Thank you for being you...and for allowing God to speak to us through you.

Love you.

Bethany said...

Hi Amelia! This is sweet, and so true... a lovely way to look at life and its... messiness. :)

Thanks for reassuring me that the GA's ice WILL indeed melt - and the world will go on! Ha!

Brenda said...

Great scripture! Something I needed to read today.