04 October 2011

So Close

I'm sure you have all given up on me by now. I've almost given up a few times myself, especially on Thursday night when this happened:


The accidental incident involved a couple of stitches and me thanking God repeatedly that my two-year-old did not lose an eye. I still don't feel ready to talk about the details, but let's just say that installing the anchor on the back of the dresser just jumped to the top of the to-do list.

I should have the last of the before and after pictures ready by Thursday!

2 comments:

Cindy in PA said...

I'm sorry to hear about your munchkie's accident yet it reminded me of when my son was young....took him to the hospital for stitches twice in a short period of time. I remember the nurse staring into his eyes and asking, "How did this happen?" She wanted his answer, not mine. YIKES! I felt guilty and I didn't do anything wrong!

Yes, you thanked God it wasn't worse and make sure you forgive yourself because as mothers, we aren't able to keep our kids absolutely safe at all times. They learn from life's "oopsies" too. And that's why I color my hair every seven weeks! lol

Amelia said...

I appreciate so much your support, Cindy. I love that you are willing to share what you know (and I have so much to learn)!