06 October 2011

Improving Home: The Girls' Room, Corner Three

I am not completely done, but I do have another corner to show you.

This is the lamp I bought at a yard sale for $3. It had a funny square lampshade with ribbon roses glued to it that I replaced with a cream-colored lampshade from Kmart for $7. It was an improvement, but still so plain.


Although I was going for plain because there is so much going on in the wallpaper, there was still something not right for me about this lamp. I was deLIGHTed when the light bulb turned on in my brain and said, "Glue some of that lace from the valance on it." So I did, and I loved it.


But then the peachness of the main section was bothering me. I planned to paint it pink, but then I got another idea that I am so excited about...mostly because I'm lazy: I taped some scrapbook paper around it.


I like the lamp so much better now, and I'm happy with the price.

So, for the tally. We were at $134. Now we add $10 for the lamp, $25 for the CD player, $10 for the toy kitchen (another yard sale), $5 for the picture frame, and $3 for the trash can = $187. As I said before, the table and chairs were free. They are not fancy by any means, but this is a table in a kid room: it's perfect.










So there you have it. Corner three. Unless I'm doing something crazy like giving birth, I hope to have the final corner ready by tomorrow night.



No comments: