16 January 2012

Quoting the Cute: Page Twelve

My seven-year-old came sobbing to me after visiting with the neighbor kids outside. "Those boys called my cats FAT!" Trying to keep my face serious, I said, "They did?" And with a wail she answered, "Yes, and it hurt my feelings! I care about my cats!" She cried for fifteen minutes on my lap while I silently laughed into my shoulder.

Our baby boy has two baby girl cousins that are only a few weeks younger than him. Grandmother is losing her memory a little, so she asked my three-year-old to tell her which baby was which (they were lined up in carseats in her front room). My three-year-old pointed to her baby brother in the middle and said, "Well, that one's mine," and then shrugging with both arms out to indicate the babies on each side of him, "and then there's these."

My two-year-old son must like the letter G: For example, "Go gelcome" is "You're welcome," "guwink" is "drink," and "goggy" is "doggy."

Seven-year-old: "[My friend] said I shouldn't use my middle finger." Mom: "Yes, that's kind of like saying a bad word." Seven-year-old: "Why do we even have a middle finger if we're not supposed to use it?!"

Three-year-old: "Now look whatchyou done!"

Two-year-old: "Passurd." This means "password," which means he wants me to unlock the computer. He just started learning how to use the mouse & it makes me dizzy when I watch.

The baby has been laughing since last month. It's contagious.

2 comments:

Catherine Dabels said...

And then there's these......

Hilarious.

Julie said...

So so cute. You'll be happy you wrote them down. :)