18 November 2009

Mission Impossible

I read a blog post that reminded me so much of myself, I had to write my own version:

In the late afternoon, when I have finally taken a shower (because my two babies are napping), and have dressed and made the bed (sometimes), I make a goal to put my house in order. I start with the laundry, but while I’m there I realize the toilets really need to be cleaned (yes, there is a toilet in my laundry room). So I set out with the toilet brush and Ajax, but in the second bathroom I find that the trash needs to be emptied (it has a smelly diaper in it). I take the garbage outside to the trash can and notice the weeds in the flower bed. Because the babies are still asleep and my five-year-old is playing on the laptop (Go PBS Kids! Or is it PBS Kids GO!?), I decide to weed a 12-inch section. After 6 inches, my stomach starts growling and I remember, LUNCH. So I go in to eat leftovers at the computer. I am answering emails long after my food is gone when I hear a baby crying. Nap time is over. Mission NOT accomplished.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Comment from my friend Kelli:

"I can completely relate! Sometimes it is hard to get anything done. Our home definitely looks 'lived in', but I think it is perfect for raising our family in."

Anonymous said...

I've heard versions of that a while back and I always laugh! Isn't life just a constant state of diversion!?

I'm so proud of the woman you are!

Love ya!
Tami