17 August 2010

I Love You, Two!


Dear Two,

I have heard you are terrible, but I love you. I have watched two daughters grow through your year. I cherished that phase both times. Sometimes I would look at my girl and think, "Oh, good. She is still a baby." Other times I would exclaim proudly after a new accomplishment, "Good, girl! You are so big!"

I guess what I mean to say is that I am thankful that I had a year to say goodbye to the baby who needed me so much. I had time to say goodbye to things like putting on her shoes and changing her diapers.

I also had a year to celebrate new conversations and welcome her ability to use words to tell me of her wants and needs. And even though she was big enough to walk and run, she was still small enough to want to be carried and rocked sometimes.

So thank you, Two! I think you are lovely.

Love,
Me

3 comments:

Lacey said...

So sweet! I hope two stays lovely for you and doesn't turn terrible! :)

Thanks for blog-hopping to my blog, by the way! You're welcome back anytime!

CnLAland said...

I love this!

mamagale said...

This was lovely--you expressed so well how I feel about that age and I have been through it 8 times. So sweet!