15 February 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

My husband's grandmother made this quilt for us when we got married. It was begging for a matching pillow. Thanks to some math help from my foster dad, I was able to figure out a crochet pattern. And before you go thinking that I am one of those people who can sew or crochet without a pattern, I'm not. I just got really lucky this time!

This item may seem silly, but every time I see this basket, it makes me smile inside. I got the idea from a catalog, which had this saying displayed right on the material in the basket. I thought it would be even better if it looked like it was circled and ripped out of a want ad.

I love to hide unsightly useful objects whenever I can. This pot of flowers (which is a bouquet of pens) and paper-covered phone book makes me feel like my counter top is uncluttered. (When it actually IS uncluttered, which is hardly ever, but I'm working on that!)

4 comments:

Cindy in PA said...

Love all of this post but especially the quilt and matching pillow. You are very talented and the quilt is such a wonderful gift!

Brenda said...

You are so crafty! I'm jealous!! :D

Anonymous said...

I love that 'sock seeking sole mate' basket! How perfect for a mother of 3. How DO socks disappear? I've never understood that!

Regardless as to what you think, you have a lot of craftiness in you...for which I am jealous!

Amelia said...

The lost sock phenomenon is a puzzle to me. Sometimes the socks show up in another load, under or in a bed, behind the hampers...& sometimes they never come back at all!