04 March 2011

Tasty Clean

I am one of those people who reads in the shower. I read shampoo bottles and tubes of shower gel just because they are there. I probably should start laminating better reading material to take in there, but for now, this works for me. I always like to travel to my mother in law's house for a change of genre. So far, I like what Irish Spring has to say more than the others.

Not long ago, I discovered that the shave cream for women I bought at the dollar store has butane, propane, and isobutane for the sixth, seventh, and eighth ingredients. The next time I used it, I couldn't believe I didn't notice the distinct smell of those liquefied gases the first time. The peach fragrance just can't hide it. I find it hard to believe that propane and butane are good for my skin, even when they are mixed with Aloe juice and Vitamin E. But then again, I use coal tar shampoo to help with my itchy scalp, so you never know. Regardless, I plan to throw that extremely flammable container (that may explode if heated) out and use the body butter I got for Christmas instead.

Today I realized it appears I'm in danger of being barbecued...I mean, I've got the propane, butane, and coal. Then I baste myself in butter, garnish with apples & raspberries: next it could be all over.

Good thing there's all that water.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop - Stop! You are making me hungry. I wish all this snow would melt so we could barbeque again!!!! :)

Wendy

Amelia said...

So barbecued human is sounding good to you then? Heh, heh. There'd be plenty enough of me for your whole family (and all the cousins).

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! LOL! :D

Brenda A

Amelia said...

Oh, & did I mention that my shower gel is called "candy apple"? It even has a recipe on the front (of how to make candy apples). Then on the bottom it has a warning: "THIS IS NOT A FOOD. DO NOT EAT."

Anonymous said...

I can't stop LAUGHING!!!!! I wish we lived closer; what fun we would have!

Bethany said...

This funny, Amelia. :) Glad I clicked over to see what you were up to...