15 September 2011

Improving Home: The Girls' Room After

Is today tomorrow or was that yesterday?

I've had a few snags. My sewing machine is suddenly missing all of its good feet, and you and I both know it's hard to do things when you don't have feet.

I plan to go pressure foot shopping online soon, but because I'm tired of waiting to finish the valance for the window, I started sewing the finishing touches BY HAND last night.

LIKE A PIONEER.

At this rate, it will probably be Monday before I have any pictures for you. Sorry! I do have a sort of chart. Does that excite you at all?

What We Did----------Why

Replaced carpet with vinyl
-----I already told you!
Got bunk beds
-----Because we have two daughters and this room is small
Put shelves in the closet
-----All I can say is: life was messy until we got that done!
Painted a pink room pink
-----Because we had to move the baseboards down
Turned outlets around
-----Because upside-down outlets are annoying
Framed posters
-----Because the swamp cooler made all of them ripple
Included daughter's artwork
-----Because her artwork is awesome
Put in roller shades
-----Because I hate mini blinds and 2-inch blinds are expensive
Made a valance
-----Because I couldn't find a plain yellow one at K-or-Walmart
Shopped at K-or-Walmart
-----Because I have no where else to shop *sniff*
Gave up on yellow bedspreads
-----The only ones I could find online were too expensive or cheap
Bought cream bedspreads
-----BECAUSE THEY WERE ONLY $18 EACH!
Removed kids' bookshelf
-----Because kids' bookshelves always look sloppy to me
Designed throw pillows
-----Because it saved me a lot of money
Glued lace on the lampshade
-----How could I not?

*Acknowledgments: 1. My friend's husband Steve helped with the shelving while they were here ON VACATION. Isn't that nice? 2. My best friend helped me paint the pink room pink. 3. My husband helped me turned the outlets around because I'm way too chicken to try to do something like that myself. I'm also afraid of lightening.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You crack me up - can't wait for the new pictures!!!