08 September 2010

CHAOS

If you are a Fly Lady, you know what CHAOS stands for: Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. And I've got it bad. I've seen blogs where people post their projects and remodels and I love to see how much they accomplish as much as I hate to see how much they accomplish (because it makes me feel like a loser).

So, I thought I'd give it a try. If I believe even one person might be "coming over," maybe it will motivate me to get off my duff and get some things done around here!

Below you will see the before picture of my baby boy's room that he still doesn't get to live in.


This is the way we found the room when we moved into the house. See that carpet? I'm pretty sure it would have turned thirty this year with the house if we had not murdered it last year and dropped it in a dumpster. Hey, we had motive! Imagine digging around in a well-used litterbox with your nose; that's what it smelled like. Even after several scented candlelight vigils, it smelled no better. I told my husband we needed to clean it and he said we might as well rip it out and start over. So we went to the local carpet stores and began to premeditate its removal. It was a double homicide too. The mauve carpet in the girls' room was just as nasty (only it smelled like an old nursing home instead), so it had to go as well.

I don't really gross out easily, but when I saw the bottom side of those carpets on installation day I was GROSSED OUT. The only way I can think to describe how it looked is hundreds of overlapping Venn diagram pee spots. I'm sure they weren't all pee spots, but they all looked the same to me.

This leads me to share my joy in choosing vinyl. Because even though I don't have indoor pets and my children don't pee on the floor very often, if they did, no one thirty years from now would ever know about it by looking at the bottom of the vinyl!

And now, for that wallpaper...

3 comments:

Alison said...

Love the new flooring you have picked....nothing worse than someone elses mess and on carpet gross..look forward to seeing what you do with the wallpaper

Lacey said...

Looks better already! Nothing creeps me out like old dirty carpet. Eww! Looks like you are one step closer to coming out of CHAOS mode! Post pictures when you finish the walls too!

Erin said...

I like the new floor! So much easier to keep clean than carpet.