15 November 2011

A Quarter Pounder Plus Ten

It's amazing the kind of compliments you get when you give birth to a big baby. "What a woman" is what I have heard the most. It reminds me of men and fishing. I'm telling you, this baby is a keeper.

There were two other babies in the nursery at the same time with my baby and they both weighed six pounds and some ounces. The pediatrician told the nurses not to put my baby next to those other babies because he might eat one of them! Ha!

One of the nurses told me she had to do my son's footprints twice because his feet were so big they went off the end of the card.

My husband was a ten pound baby. I have to say I'm secretly a little proud that I outdid my mother-in-law on something, which has never happened before and is unlikely to ever happen again.

Which is probably why in the beginning if someone said anything about my ten pound baby, I would correct them by saying, "Ten pounds AND FOUR OUNCES. That's a whole 'nother stick of butter."

Speaking of sticks of butter, my best friend made a cookie costume for my baby for Halloween. He looked so yummy.

This costume was appropriate, don't you think (since cookies [and babies] go with milk)?

2 comments:

Catherine Dabels said...

Big fat babies are the best. And babies that come out already 3 months old are just easier to have around. Well done. What a woman!

Wendy said...

Glad to hear that no one was eaten in the nursery!!! Too funny!!!!!!