05 December 2009

"Here Kiddy Kitty"

Both of my daughters could meow before they could talk. My five-year-old daughter has been running around on all fours since she started crawling (do not worry, she also knows how to walk on her hind legs). I am astounded at her ability to dart, on hands and feet, across the back yard or the back room. One of these days I need to get video footage of it.

So anyway, my daughters like to pretend they are cats. I love the purry meows, the naps on my lap, and the funny way they rub my legs with the sides of their heads while I work in the kitchen. I don't love that I've had to dig cat food out of the mouth of my one-year-old= so gross! And I have finally convinced my five-year-old that hand licking is most unsanitary (when you are a human).

One day when she was four, my daughter asked me to open the back door for her. I was on the land line phone--tied to the wall. I reminded her that she knows how to open the door. Then she reminded me that she is a kitty and can not open doors. I told her to stand on her hind legs like the dancing aristocats and open the door because I could not come right then. About ten minutes later when I had finished my phone call, I turned around to see that she was still sitting there on her haunches, patiently waiting for me to let her out.

She's a good kitty.

No comments: