08 December 2009

Quoting the Cute

Five-year-old: "Seven Sakes!"
Me: "What does that mean?"
Five-year-old: "It means 'Holy Cow.'"

Twenty-month-old: "Saw-we."

One day we met my sister-in-law at a park in a town where none of us lived. She was going to take our children to her house while we went on a date. On her way out of town, she took a wrong turn (we took the same wrong turn--who engineered these roads?). My sister-in-law said out loud that she was going the wrong way & my five-year-old daughter said, "Well, we are going to your house. You'd think you'd know your own way."

Twenty-month-old: "I tuck" (translation: I'm stuck).

Five-year-old: "I'm just a little girl. I don't know about these things."

Twenty-month-old daughter sings (while bounce-swaying back and forth): "Mock-kah, Mock-kah (pause) E-I-E-I-E."

Two-month-old son says: "Goo."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the cute quotes. Kids are so fun that way. My favorite lately is Sleeping "booty" instead of beauty.

-Kelli