10 July 2010

The Princess Who Became the Queen

I was laying next to my 2-year-old daughter at nap time with my long hair falling over the side of the bed. When my eight-month-old charming prince used my hair to pull himself up to stand, I realized how much I am like Rapunzel.

Every time I do a load of laundry, I lose the match to at least one pair of socks. So even though I don’t own a pair of glass slippers, I can sympathize with Cinderella.

Sleeping Beauty’s awakening kiss didn’t have anything on the slobbery kiss that pulls me from my two-minute accidental nap on the playroom floor. Especially when it is accompanied by a firm bite on the nose with six sharp baby teeth. That would wake up any princess, no matter how strong the sleeping spell!

This life is my dream come true.

2 comments:

Cindy in PA said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've enjoyed reading some of your posts and you are quite a wordsmith!

Please think about joining in with our Losing It (A Motivating Weight Loss Community). We blog about our week on Fridays and this group has been very good for me accountability-wise. (Sorry for sounding like a commercial.)

I'll be checking back to see what you write about next. Take care.

Irish3 said...

I enjoyed these comparisons very much!!! Sweet that you can see beauty in the insanity that comes with being a Mom, I would be better off to do that more, so thanks for the reminder!