10 September 2010

CHAOS To the Power of Two

Being the type that wants to have everything planned out (oh, the disappointments!), I took my nursery design questions to Facebook. I asked every question on my mind, from frame colors to accessory placement. I invited all of my friends to vote. It was FUN. Free personalized ideas came to me in comment boxes. I can't wait to use them!

But first, there's that wallpaper (my cousin made me smile when she referred to it as jailhouse stripes):

I'm still working on removing it. Look at the interesting purple and green I found underneath. Combined with the black, we've got some nice bruise colors going on.


Now, this is where the true chaos comes in. This room has been the catch-all since we moved in two years ago. For the past several months, I couldn't even get in this room to use the changing table or rocker.

And remember what CHAOS stands for? Well, when my close friend said she was coming for a visit from Colorado, I was delighted. I thought I'd just shut the door on this room and no one would know the disaster that lived in there.

I couldn't hide it, though. I couldn't even get the door shut! She must have felt sorry for me because while I fed lunch to my kids, she dug out half the room and stacked it on the other side. I was embarrassed, but more shocked than anything. Talk about super powers.

So, I've removed half the wallpaper and hope to get the rest off by Monday. It is fairly easy to do. I tear off the outer layer and then use the handy wallpaper scorer another handy friend gave me. I spray the whole area with a solution of one part fabric softener and four parts water and let it sit for awhile. Before it starts to dry, I scrape it off. Then I wash the wall with warm water while it is still damp.

You might be wondering where I'm going to put all that stuff so I can get this done? The truth? I have no idea!

I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

McEngland like the McCountry said...

Can you send your best friend to Lynchburg so she can help me dig out the office/guest room- turned-catch-all? She sounds awesome!

Amelia said...

She is. And this was a tiny thing in comparison to everything else she has done for me! I wish I could send her over...

Alison said...

And with this you are a step closer to getting the room done...and even the small steps count...great to have good friends who are happy to help out as well