30 September 2010

Improvising Improvements

There is a room in my house that the plants and I like to pretend is a sunroom. For awhile, I've been looking around for some plant stands, but everything is either too busy or too expensive. Yesterday, I took matters into my own hands after window shopping online for more than an hour.

I dream of this room becoming a game room/study/library, hence the game theme in the arrangement. Both the trunk boxes come from my childhood: the puppy box was a place to keep my treasures when I was little, and I used the green trunk when I lived with my second family. The puppy box is topped with my husband's childhood checker board. I thought of covering the sides of it too, but I just couldn't do it!

The hat box used to look like this:

It was pretty, but it never really fit anywhere in my house, so I covered it with some of my husband's old playing cards, and put the Chinese Checkers game on top. I'll keep my eyes open for something a little taller to replace the polka dotted tin, but for now, I'm happy with it and I think the plants are too.

6 comments:

Amelia said...

K-Linds, this one's for you! :)

Erin said...

Very crafty! I really like the hat box.

CnLAland said...

YAY!! I LoVe it!!! So so cute and it inspires me to maybe own one live plant in my lifetime! haha. ;)

Amelia said...

I can recommend some forgiving ones!

Anonymous said...

That is so completely creative, I can't even stand it!!!!

Rus & Bren said...

I totally remember that dog box. I love your posts. You are such an amazing writer.