19 September 2010

Reusable Recipes: Salad Edition

I hesitate to share this first recipe because it seems to be well known. I've seen it at potlucks (which doesn't surprise me because it is so delicious) but just because my corner of the world knows it, doesn't mean the rest of the world does!

Chicken Cabbage Salad

1/2 head cabbage, cut up
2 oz. chopped or slivered almonds
1 pkg. chicken ramen, noodles only--uncooked and broken into bits
3 green onions, cut up
2 chicken breasts, cooked & cut up (seasoned grilled chicken makes it even better)

Mix. In separate bowl combine:

Spice packet from the ramen noodles
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup salad oil (I don't really know what salad oil is:
I always use 1/4 cup each of olive and vegetable oil)
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. pepper

Mix and pour over salad. Toss, chill, and enjoy.

I discovered the following recipe in a Taste Of Home magazine (except I added the sunflower seeds) and it has blessed my life ever since.

Crab and Pea Salad

2 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen peas
1 pkg. (16 oz.) imitation crab meat, flaked
12-16 bacon strips, cooked & crumbled
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/8 cup sunflower seeds

1 comment:

jen said...

Found me from cjane, huh? Shocking. Truly shocking. Glad you stopped by, and I'll be back to check on your little corner of the cyberworld!