07 March 2012

You Might Be Living on a Teacher's Salary If:

1.  Mom would rather go to a yard sale than the mall.

2.  Dad brings home his paper sack from his lunch so it can be used again.

3.  Mom and Dad only go on a date once or twice a year because paying a babysitter to watch four kids costs more than a meal out.

4.  Almost all of the children's clothing are hand-me-downs (Mom loves hand-me-downs, by the way).

5.   Half of Mom's shirts are more than fifteen years old.

6.  Mom decorates all of the children's birthday cakes herself, even though they sometimes turn out like this:


7.  After the birthday child blows out the candles, removes them and licks off the frosting, Mom washes them off and saves them to be used again.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I hesitated to post this in fear of seeming ungrateful. I do know we are abundantly blessed and I thank God for that every day! Mostly I posted this in hopes someone could get a good laugh at that hideous cat cake!

Julie said...

That IS one awesome cat, and it did bring a smile to my face. :)

I believe that being frugal and wise with the resources we have is a skill that is important no matter what our salary.