01 March 2012

To-Do List

Yesterday I made myself a to-do list hoping it would motivate me to get some things done in this disaster zone.

This is the list:

  • Water plants
  • Do dishes
  • Vacuum
  • Finish thank-you notes
  • Make Chinese

This is what I actually did:

  • Watched an episode of "America's Funniest Home Videos" with my three little kids
  • Watched another episode just so I could listen to my two-year-old laugh some more
  • Sewed an ear on a bunny rabbit
  • Sewed a tail on a kitty cat
  • Watered the plants
  • Did half the dishes
  • Vacuumed half the house
  • Let my husband make hot dogs while I fed the baby

 So as a grade, did I earn about a 75%?

I'm okay with that.


Post-edit:  I realized later today that I killed the math in this post!  I only did half the dishes & vacuuming, & I didn't make Chinese, so I should only get a score of 40%...which explains why I was so content with the 75.  Can I get extra credit for doing laundry?

3 comments:

Catherine Dabels said...

I think with a baby around anything over 45% is perfectly acceptable.

Wendy said...

That sounds a lot like my life!!! ;) Thanks for making me feel normal!! Love your guts!

The Ulrich Clan said...

This is the best!!!! You get a 100% as far as I am concerned because:
1. You made me laugh
2. You sewed...something that I
wish that I had more time to do
3. You enjoyed spending your
precious time with your little
ones, hearing them laugh
instead of worring about the
mess that will still be
waiting for you tomorrow!
Thanks for sharing...and reminding me of things more important!